Thank you for visiting!
By purchasing books, you ensure that our efforts to publish award-winning books about the book arts can continue.
If you’d like to help even more, click here to download a list of our books that you can give/email to your local library along with your request to them to purchase copies.
Also consider setting up a Standing Order to automatically receive all The Legacy Press titles at a 25% discount.
Click here for information about how to make a tax-deductible donation to The Legacy Press
Click here for the Seattle Book Co.
Essays on the History of Bookbinding
Julia Miller, editor
Vol. 6 is expected in early 2020, and essay topics include:
• tacketed account books
• Anabaptist bookbindings
• origins and future of the University of Iowa bookbinding model collection
• increasing visibility and access to historical binding collections
• a late-Coptic binding with bridled leather boards
• physical evidence of curtains added to medieval manuscripts
• publishers’ square-back case bindings, late 20th century
• traditional use of plough and trindles for trimming book edges
Editor: Julia Miller has written extensively about the history of bookbinding. Her background is in book conservation and in teaching historical structures.